Our Bootcamps in Cambridge are a fun, group session based on Metabolic conditioning (MetCon) workouts. Don’t let that term put you off! MetCon is the fastest way to burn fat, keep you entertained and change the shape of your body. Combined with the nutrition advice provided on our Community Page (free to join) and your copy of the “Cleanse” nutrition guide, you will be on track to reach your fitness goals in no time!
“The classes are a brilliant total-body work-out, and I love the fact that I am really challenged every week. Your encouraging comments are great too! I’ve lost a stone in the 4 weeks that I have been attending and am looking forward to the next block of classes!” (Bootcamp attendee Jan 2012)
Our Bootcamps run in 4-week blocks, with one week off and one free taster week every quarter. Next FREE trials will be w/c 6th January 2014.
You are advised to join us in week 1 as the workouts progress to get more challenging over the block, but easier and harder options will always be provided for those who need them.
Note: This is NOT a military style Bootcamp. There’s no yelling and pushing you until you throw up (or injure yourself), rather the sessions work on supporting you to be the best you can be and help you get stronger and fitter over the weeks.
Sounds good, right? It is!
If you’re still unsure, it’s probably because you’re wondering “Will I be out of my depth?” or “Am I too unfit?” The answer is “no” – not at all! We cater to all levels and can help you reach whatever goals you have. If you are completely new to exercise then we thoroughly recommend joining in week 1 when we focus more on technique, and when other new members are likely to be starting out too. Remember we all have to start somewhere, and if you’re concerned about your fitness levels then we can absolutely help you to change that
Timetable at a glance (see below for specific dates / tasters etc):
|10:30-11:15 Vinery Rd|
|17:00||17:15-18:00* Science Park|
|18:00||18:15-19:00 Vinery Rd|
*Science Park employees only.
ALL sessions are outside.
BLOCK #10 OF 2013 STARTS W/C 18TH NOV:
Tuesdays (19 / 26 Nov, 3 / 10 Dec) @ 6.30-7.15am at Waterbeach Recreation ground.
Tuesdays (19 / 26 Nov, 3 / 10 Dec) @ 10.30-11.15am at Vinery Road Park, Cambridge.
Wednesdays (20 / 27 Nov, 4 / 11 Dec) @ 7.15-8pm at Waterbeach Recreation Ground.
Thursdays (21 / 28 Nov, 5 / 12 Dec) @ 10.30-11.15am at Vinery Road Park.
Thursdays (21 / 28 Nov, 5 / 12 Dec) @ 6.15-7pm at Vinery Road Park, Cambridge.
Fridays (22 / 29 Nov, 6 / 13 Dec) @ 9.15-10am at Waterbeach Recreation Ground.
Drop-in sessions will run w/c 16th Dec as per demand. Please get in touch if you would like to attend any sessions that week.
2 weeks off over the festive period: No sessions w/c 23rd & 30th Dec.
Free taster sessions during w/c 6th Jan 2014.
First block of 2014 starts w/c 13th January.
Vinery Road Park (Free parking on Vinery Road).
Morning sessions – meet by the basketball court.
Evening session – meet by the benches along the north side of the park.
Waterbeach Recreation ground (Free car park at the Cambridge Road entrance).
Meet by the skate park / kids playground – under the flood light in winter.
Royal Society of Chemistry (visitor parking outside main building).
Meet outside main entrance.
How do I sign up?
- email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm which sessions you’d like to sign up for.
- PRICING (from Jan 2013): £25 for the four week block (attending 1 session p/w), £40 to attend two designated sessions p/w, £50 to attend as many sessions as you like.
- PAYG (drop-in) option available for £8 per session. Cash only.
What are the benefits of signing up?
Everyone who signs up in 2013 will receive:
- Downloadable “Cleanse” nutrition guide.
- Lovefit privilege card (Pink Pass) which entitles you to exclusive discounts at a range of shops and services in Cambridge. (See “Links” page for full details of Lovefit partners and available discounts).
- Access to private group within the Lovefit Community page where you will be able to get extra support from other Bootcamp members, ask nutrition advice, and be kept up to date with Bootcamp related goings-on!
- Points for every block booked (a bit like a clubcard scheme). Every time you sign up you’ll be awarded points. These points will then be redeemable against further sessions / Lovefit merchandise / gift vouchers for Lovefit partners / free passes for family and friends.
NB: There is no carry-over option for any sessions missed during a block. The block booking option provides excellent value for money and there is always the option to make up for any missed sessions during the free taster weeks
FYI: Indoor sessions are only indoors over winter months if the weather (icy conditions etc) forces us inside.
Please bring water, and an old towel / mat if you want to protect yourself from mud (outside) and hard flooring (inside).
Babies, toddlers and children are welcome at all outside sessions, so need to worry about childcare. Unfortunately they cannot come to inside sessions.
Sessions go ahead in ALL weather. If it’s raining, we’re training! The only exception could be in the event of heavy snow.