Our women-only bootcamps in Cambridge are a fun, group session based on Metabolic conditioning (MetCon) workouts. Don’t let that term put you off! MetCon is the fastest way to burn fat, keep you entertained and change the shape of your body. Combined with our comprehensive nutrition advice as well as the ongoing support provided on our Bootcamp Facebook Group (secret group, members only) and your copy of the “Cleanse” guide, you will be on track to reach your fitness goals in no time!
“The classes are a brilliant total-body work-out, and I love the fact that I am really challenged every week. Your encouraging comments are great too! I’ve lost a stone in the 4 weeks that I have been attending and am looking forward to the next block of classes!”
“Amber thank you so much for the last 3 months of boot camp! I have lost 1/2 a stone, feel fitter than I ever have and just ran my 2nd 5k in 27 mins! Woohoo!!! Ps can I join you in the spartan race?”
Our Bootcamps run in 4-week blocks, and typically we have a week off after every third block.
You are advised to join us in week 1 as the workouts progress to get more challenging over the block, but easier and harder options will always be provided for those who need them.
Note: This is NOT a military style Bootcamp. There’s no yelling and pushing you until you throw up (or injure yourself), rather the sessions work on supporting you to be the best you can be and help you get stronger and fitter over the weeks.
Sounds good, right? It is!
If you’re still unsure, it’s probably because you’re wondering “Will I be out of my depth?” or “Am I too unfit?” The answer is “no” – not at all! We cater to all levels and can help you reach whatever goals you have. If you are completely new to exercise then we thoroughly recommend joining in week 1 when we focus more on technique, and when other new members are likely to be starting out too. Remember we all have to start somewhere, and if you’re concerned about your fitness levels then we can absolutely help you to change that
Timetable at a glance (see below for specific dates of each block):
|10:30-11:15 Vinery Rd|
|18:00||18:45-19:30 Waterbeach||18:15-19:00 Vinery Rd|
ALL sessions are outside.
BLOCK 3 OF 2015 STARTS W/C 9TH MARCH
Mondays (9 / 16 / 23 / 30 Mar) 18:45-19:30 @ Waterbeach Rec
Tuesdays (10 / 17 / 24 / 31 Mar) 10:30 – 11:15 @ Vinery Rec
Wednesdays (11 / 18 / 25 Mar, 1 Apr) 19:25-20:00 @ Waterbeach Rec
Thursdays (12 / 19 / 26 Mar, 2 Apr) 10:30-11:15 @ Vinery Rec
Thursdays (12 / 19 / 26 Mar, 2 Apr) 18:15-19:00 @ Vinery Rec
W/C 6th APRIL IS A WEEK OFF – NO SESSIONS
BLOCK 4 OF 2015 STARTS W/C 13TH APRIL
Vinery Road Park (Free parking on Vinery Road).
Morning sessions – meet by the basketball court.
Evening session – meet by the benches along the north side of the park.
Waterbeach Recreation ground (Free car park at the Cambridge Road entrance).
Evening sessions – meet by the skate park / playground. (NB: If parking in the car park, you’ll have to walk down the path alongside the tennis courts to get to our meeting point. Unfortunately that section of the path is not very well lit, so take care during the winter months. You’ll find us under the street light, by the playground, on the north side of the rec).
How do I sign up?
- email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm which sessions you’d like to sign up for.
- If you are new to Lovefit then please complete one of the below health forms and either email to us in advance, or print out and bring with you to your first session:
- PRICING: £30 for the four week block (attending 1 session p/w), £50 to attend two designated sessions p/w, £60 to attend as many sessions as you like. Drop in sessions are £10 – cash only.
What are the benefits of signing up?
Everyone who signs up in 2015 will receive:
- Downloadable “Cleanse” nutrition guide.
- Lovefit privilege card which entitles you to exclusive discounts at a range of shops and services in Cambridge. (See “Links” page for full details of Lovefit partners and available discounts).
- Access to Secret Facebook support group where you will be able to get extra support from other Bootcamp members, ask nutrition advice, and be kept up to date with Bootcamp related goings-on! I will also post up the workouts each week, in case you miss a session and fancy catching up at home.
- Coffee mornings and drinks on us. From 2014, I’ll be hosting a quarterly coffee morning or night out, where we can get to know each other a bit better and have an hour or two where we don’t talk shop
NB: There is no carry-over option for any sessions missed during a block. The block booking option provides excellent value for money and there is always the option to make up for any missed sessions during that same block, as I am happy for you to attend an extra session one week in lieu.
Please bring water, and an old towel / mat if you want to protect yourself from mud!
Babies, toddlers and children are welcome at all sessions, so need to worry about childcare.
Sessions go ahead in ALL weather. If it’s raining, we’re training! The only exception could be in the event of heavy snow.