Roasted Fennel, Cherry Tomatoes and Chickpeas
• 2 medium fennel buds
• 2 sprigs of fresh sage
• Juice of half a lemon
• 12 cherry tomatoes
• 400g jar of chickpeas, drained
• Coconut oil
• Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Oven temperature of 180 degrees, gas mark 6.
- Cut the fennel bulbs into quarters and place them in a roasting tray with 2 tsp of coconut oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast on the middle shelf of an oven for 25 minutes, turning often, or until charred but not burnt. Remove from the oven, tip into a bowl and keep to one side. Roast the cherry tomatoes for 10 minutes by placing them in a roasting tin with a generous pinch of sea salt, no oil needed.
- Place a large, heavy based, non-stick frying pan on a low heat with teaspoon of coconut oil, when melted squeeze in the lemon juice and add the sage. Cook for 1 minute to allow the flavour of the sage to infuse the oil, and then add the roasted tomatoes, 2 generous pinches of pepper and 1 of salt.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Then add the fennel and the chickpeas. Cook for a further 3 minutes, stirring often, and then serve.
Can be served on its own as a stew, or with rice / flatbreads of your choice.