Ballet-inspired fitness and conditioning
- Want to feel energised?
- Already active but fancy trying something a bit different?
- Bored of the gym?
- Need to improve your posture?
- Want to strengthen your core?
- Looking to change your body and get stronger and leaner?
- Require a low impact workout?
- Ready to bring out your inner dancer?
Our Barre sessions are fun, group classes open to all women. We focus on posture and strengthening the core. Barre is a whole body workout, set to music. It's not a dance class, so absolutely no ballet experience is required. Other equipment such as resistance bands might be used, alongside the barre (or chairs). Barre is often described as a fusion of ballet, pilates, and conditioning. It is low impact, but a great way to raise the heart rate, as well as improving posture, bone density, and flexibility.
Come join me and my barre belles for plies, battements, pointy toes and funky music. All ages (16+) and fitness levels welcome. No ballet experience necessary (leave your tutu at home)!
A typical class will include:
- Routine warm up to mobilise the feet and body.
- Main workout at the barre comprising arm work, plies, battements, jetés – and more! Don’t worry if you don’t have a clue what these terms mean; we break everything down and learn as we go along. Sometimes we use resistance bands to work a little harder.
- Conditioning: We head to the floor to work on some smaller movements and focus on core strengthening.
- We slow things right down and end with a lovely relaxing stretch.
*BARRE IS CURRENTLY ON ZOOM (FRIDAY MORNINGS).
Fridays 09:15-10:00 @ Zoom (and recorded).
NB: First Friday of every month is a “lucky dip” class, so instead of barre, think Mobility / Core / Legs, Bums, Tums.
Various packages available.
Includes 45 minute class, and ongoing support via private Facebook group (including bonus workouts).
Please note I have paused all my regular evening classes, but try to run a block of in-person evening sessions once a term.
When can I join?
You can join at any time, however class does tend to get full, so advanced booking is advised.
What do I wear?
Just your normal workout gear. You need to be able to move freely, so lycra is best. We exercise barefoot (or in socks) so footwear not needed.
What should I bring?
Water to drink and an exercise mat if you have one.
I have a baby / toddler / child. Can they come too?
Unfortunately, with the evening class, owing to bigger numbers and the likelihood of flailing limbs, this is one class where I do request that kiddies are left at home. Get yourself out of doing bed time 🙂
Am I fit enough to join?
Absolutely! All abilities are welcome to class. Barre is perfect for those who are new to exercise, as well as providing a new challenge to those who are used to working out. It’s also ideal for peri- and menopausal women, as barre is low impact and therefore respectful of “mid-life” bone and pelvic health.
Can I do a taster session first?
I offered a taster session when the class first started and filmed a full workout which is available to view on my YouTube channel. In addition, I regularly post mini workouts on my private facebook group “Amber’s Lovefit Community” and some of these are barre sessions. They all stay saved within the group so please request access on facebook.
I no longer offer taster sessions and you can watch this video to find out why.
There are a variety of packages to suit different needs, and I’m confident you’ll find one to suit you. Do take a look at our testimonials to see what other ladies have said about Lovefit Barre.
There are lots of different memberships. Which one is right for me?
I wanted to offer various packages to suit different budgets and requirements. Please note, the monthly (unlimited) memberships only make sense if you intend to do Barre alongside at least one other (barre or WOW) class a week.
- If you are new to Lovefit, the £10 NEWBIE membership is a great way to get a feel for what we’re all about. 10 days of unlimited Barre, WOW & Sunrise sessions.
- If you are looking to just attend one of my 5-week evening blocks of barre, there is always a specific £40 membership for those sessions.
- If you’re aiming to couple Barre with WOW, even if that means you might only make 5-6 classes a month, then the “GOLD” (unlimited 6 month direct debit) offers the best value for money.
How do I sign up?
All class bookings and memberships are now managed via our online system HERE. If you are new to Lovefit, or haven’t attended recently, you’ll need to create an account, and answer some health screening questions before you can make a purchase. You can then set up a recurring monthly payment for ease, or can buy class packs if that’s your preference. Once you have chosen your membership you simply book into the classes you wish to attend. Barre and WOW can be used interchangeably on any of the “Beyond” memberships.