Womens Outdoor Workouts (& Online Sunrise Session)
- Want to get fitter but not sure where to start?
- Already active but need a little extra to boost your workouts?
- Fed up with the gym?
- Need accountability and a group of like-minded women?
- Want the benefits of exercising outdoors?
- Looking to change your body and get stronger and fitter?
- Ready to move on from my postnatal specific sessions?
- Nobody to look after your little one when you workout?
ATTEND CLASS VIA LIVE ZOOM STREAM DURING TIER 4 RESTRICTIONS & LOCKDOWN.
Our WOW sessions (Women’s Outdoor Workouts) are fun group classes using a combination of circuit training, conditioning and HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). Don’t let those terms put you off! These are the fastest ways to burn fat, keep you entertained and change the shape of your body. Coupled with the ongoing support provided on our Facebook Group, you will be on track to reach your fitness goals in no time!
Come join us at one of various locations and times for a non-military, friendly, varied outdoor workout. Women of all ages and fitness levels come together to workout in the park, and your kiddies are welcome too.
If outdoors isn’t your thing and / or you need your workout done and dusted first thing, then try the Sunrise session: A 45-minute online early morning workout, you can do from the comfort of your own home (on Zoom).
A typical 45 minute class will include:
- Routine warm up to mobilise the body.
- Main workout which might be done together as a group, or as a circuit, or in teams. We do a lot of bodyweight work, but also incorporate other kit: Resistance bands and kettlebells feature regularly, and sometimes I bring along skipping ropes, medicine balls, battling ropes, boxing gloves. Different options are always offered to cater for everyone.
- Finisher: A short, intense blast to end the session.
- Cool down and stretch off.
Attending WOW can have the following benefits:
- Going shopping for (smaller) clothes.
- Not needing to ask for a man’s help when lifting heavy things.
- Being able to run for the bus without having a heart-attack.
- Discovering you can laugh hard whilst working hard.
- Feeling cheerier, for 45 minutes at the very least.
- Getting a sun-tan (Ok, maybe that’s sometimes a bit of windburn)!
This is NOT the class for you if:
- You want to be pushed to the point of feeling sick.
- You enjoy being screamed at.
- You are a fair-weather exerciser.
Whilst I absolutely encourage everyone to challenge themselves and work hard, I also appreciate that everyone is starting from a different point, has a different background, and different goals. Lovefit’s WOW sessions are about encouraging women to get involved, but nobody will ever be pressured to do things that don’t feel right for them. My job is to support you in getting fitter, in a way that is safe and appropriate for YOU.
Wednesdays 19:00-19:45 @ Waterbeach Rec
Thursdays 06.30-07.15 “Sunrise Session” on Zoom
Attend all classes via Zoom.
Romsey Recreation Ground (Free parking on Vinery Road). Morning sessions – meet by the basketball court.
Waterbeach Recreational ground (Free car park at the Cambridge Road entrance). Evening sessions – meet by playground.
[NB: If parking in the car park, you’ll have to walk down the path alongside the tennis courts to get to our meeting point. Unfortunately that section of the path is not very well lit, so take care during the winter months. You’ll find us under the flood lights, by the skate park, on the north-west side of the rec].
Various packages available. See below.
Includes 45 minute class, ongoing support via private Facebook group (including bonus workouts), downloadable nutrition plan.
When can I join?
You can join at any time. We tend to increase the difficulty of the workouts throughout the month, so sessions at the start of the month tend to focus more on technique, and become more challenging by the end of the month. But different options will always be provided.
What do I wear?
Typical gym kit works best, but t-shirt and shorts / leggings will do the job.
Good, supportive trainers and a sports bra are a must.
In winter, I recommend layers: Base layer, t-shirt, hoody / fleece, waterproof coat, along with hat and gloves, all of which you can strip off as you warm up.
What should I bring?
Water to drink and an exercise mat (or towel or blanket) that you don’t mind getting a bit grubby or wet!
I have a baby / toddler / child. Can they come too?
Absolutely! Children of all ages are welcome. Babies either sit in their buggies or on a blanket, depending on the weather. Toddlers often join in. Older children might ride a bike or scooter, or go and play in the playground while mum works out.
What happens when it rains?
We get wet! Sessions go ahead in ALL weather. If it’s raining, we’re training – perhaps under the vague shelter of a tree! The only exception could be in the event of heavy snow or gales. Please dress for the weather, and make sure you have rain covers for buggies.
Am I fit enough to join?
If you’re still unsure, it’s probably because you’re wondering “Will I be out of my depth?” or “Am I too unfit?” The answer is “no” – not at all! We cater to all levels and can help you reach whatever goals you have. If you are completely new to exercise then we recommend joining at the start of the month when we focus more on technique, and when other new members are likely to be starting out too. However, it’s absolutely fine to join at any point. Remember we all have to start somewhere, and if you’re concerned about your fitness levels then we can absolutely help you to change that.
Is this a bootcamp?
The classes (formerly known as Bootcamps) were rebranded in September 2017 to better describe what these sessions are all about. The video above explains a little more about the changes, and what we do for women.
Note: This is NOT a military style session (hence the move away from calling it bootcamp). There’s no yelling and pushing you until you throw up (or injure yourself), rather the sessions work on supporting you to be the best you can be and help you get stronger and fitter over the weeks.
Can I do a taster session first?
I no longer offer taster sessions and you can watch this video to find out why.
There are a variety of packages to suit different needs, and I’m confident you’ll find one to suit you. Do take a look at our testimonials to see what other ladies have said about Lovefit WOW.
There are lots of different memberships. Which one is right for me?
I wanted to offer various packages to suit different budgets and requirements.
- If you are new to Lovefit, the £10 NEWBIE membership is a great way to get a feel for what WOW is all about.
- If you can usually only attend once a week then the 10-class pack is your best bet.
- If you’re aiming to come more regularly, even if that means you might only make 5-6 classes a month, then the GOLD (unlimited 6 month direct debit) offers the best value for money.
How do I sign up?
All class bookings and memberships are now managed via our online system HERE. If you are new to Lovefit, or haven’t attended recently, you’ll need to create an account, and answer some health screening questions before you can make a purchase. You can then set up a recurring monthly payment for ease, or can buy class packs if that’s your preference. Once you have chosen your membership you simply book into the classes you wish to attend.
It’s a laugh, it’s as challenging as I make it, and it always makes me happy, whatever the weather.